Friday, December 10, 2010

Nightmare

You know that nightmare that you have, when you're in your underwear, in front of a crowd of people...or the nightmare where you are running from someone?  My nightmare has always been that I would have to have surgery on my "good eye". 
And that nightmare has come true.
Yesterday I went for my yearly eye exam.  The Dr. checked, put drops in my eyes, checked some more, more drops, more checking, more drops..... you get the idea.
Finally he said that not only do I have a cataract that has popped up over the last year...but, I have very HIGH pressure on my good eye.   If it gets any higher, it could cause my eye to "have a stroke" and BLOW! 
So, on January 11th, I will go to Dallas to an eye surgeon, for a consultation and find out when I have surgery.  OR...if the pressure is any higher, they will send me on in to surgery THAT DAY.
To say that I'm scared, is an understatement.  Terrified.  Frightened.  Petrified. Horrified. In Shock.
You know....all of the above.
These procedures are not that big of a deal...unless you only have one eye. 
I know that it's in God's hands and that he will take care of me!
Isaiah 65:24 Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear.

1 comment:

The McCarter Family said...

I love you, Molly! I can just imagine how scared you are! But God is going to take such good care of you! You are a light to everyone you come in contact with! He has so many good things in store for you!!! Keep your head held high and know that you have many prayers going up from the McCarter's and so many more! If you need me I'm always here!!!