Friday, May 22, 2009

All in One Day

Yesterday, I was about to go to lunch at 11. One of the girls I work with said I needed to wait just a minute...I thought that was kinda strange, because there was plenty of people to answer the phone.
In walks this lady, with these HUGE sunglasses and a even BIGGER hat, right up to me and said "I need to open a checking account".
I sat there...just STARED at her thinking....I KNOW THAT VOICE....I KNOW THAT VOICE!
I look right at her and it was my friend LAURA MILLER!

Laura (Red) and I worked together at KVIL in Dallas in the late 80's. The instant we met, we clicked! She's loud and boisterous...just like me! We both had boys about the same age. She and I went through divorces together...the empty nest syndrome...we e-mail and talk on the phone, but this was the first time we'd seen each other in about 8 years.
(Do you remember, a few years back, when Dallas had a mayor named Laura Miller? The Dallas News did a special on some of the women in the Dallas area that were name Laura Miller...and Red was one of them! It was so cute!)
She was on vacation this week and had conspired with my co-workers to surprise me. (And boy, did she ever!) We went to eat lunch and didn't even take a breath...we talked non-stop.
I know....I should have gotten a picture of her with her "costume" on!


Same day....my friend/hair magician, Lacy Nabors passed out at work, quit breathing, and had to have CPR performed on her. After an afternoon in the ER...and part of the night...they determine that they can't find anything wrong with her. But, the heart doctor is going to have her wear a heart monitor for a week and see if they can find anything amiss. She's home now. Thank you LORD!



Still the same day....my friend, Peggy Robinson's Dad, David Buster, passed away on Thursday night. He was 78 and had lived a long life. He will be missed by SO many! God bless you David/Pa.

2 comments:

The McCarter Family said...

Isn't Laura the one that came and hung out with you at my apt. in Mesquite? That would be about 8 yrs. ago! Was that the last time you saw her!? She was so funny! What a nice surprise for you!

Molly Woodall said...

Yes m'am she is! She lived not far from you, at the time! She is STILL so funny!