Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Rain, Wedding, Rain, Mother's Day, Rain, Floor Show, Rain

RAIN...RAIN...RAIN....We have had so much rain, I think everyone is waterlogged! It is unreal! Tonight on the weather, it showed that it was 87 degrees and sunshiny in Dallas! HOLY COW BATMAN....it's unreal! Did I say it's unreal?

My great-nephew Nathan Price got married to Robyn Hollis on May 2. It had been raining quite a bit...still has....and they were getting married at the Big Tex Conference Center in Mt. Pleasant. So it continued to rain...and rain....and rain. The road to the BTCC flooded over AFTER the wedding party assembled earlier in the afternoon. Those of us that came closer to time to the ceremony were needing paddle boats! (I rode with sweet nephew Clint and his friend Carol, since I'm the blind one, they took good care of me.) It stopped raining right as we got there & were there in time to see the bridesmaids walk down the aisle! When we left the wedding, it started raining AGAIN! It was quite scary!

This is were the wedding was SUPPOSED to be!

My great-nephew Nathan & his wife Robyn.

My beautiful niece Melody and her son Nathan, at his wedding.

This past Sunday was Mother's Day! My sweet Larry came down from Plano and we went to nephew Shane's house in Roxton for lunch.

Me and my Larry

There was lots of food and lots of laughing. The creek behind Shane & Karen's house was really rolling ... so all the "kids" rolled up their pants legs and put on their mud boots and went to the creek!

Can you even imagine having this beautiful creek right behind your house? It sounds so good!

On Saturday, Webber and I went to Greenville for him to start work on the Greenville High School "Floor Show" that the band and drill team put on each year (for the last 72 years) for a fundraiser!
Webber doesn't know...but they are planning a HUGE surprise, on Saturday night (5/16) he will be inducted to the GHS Hall of Fame! He's worked (the electrical stuff) on the "Floor Show" for the last 32 years...that doesn't even include the years he did it while he was in school. He loves music, he loves marching bands, but more importantly he loves the tradition of the "Floor Show". I'm realy proud of him!


The BEST thing about the last couple of weeks has been the hugs....I have nieces and nephews, and great n&n, that range in age from 48 years old (Melody, in the picture at the top) to 2 years old...so I got hugs....LOTS of hugs

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for showing the pictures !! and Congratulations to Webber !!

Love You,

M.P.