Sunday, May 24, 2009

Grand-Friends Abby, Kaitlyn & Sophia


A few Sundays ago, Abby & Kaitlyn came home with me, after church. There was NON-STOP talking! It was awesome! (Yes, I let them talk too!)
We ate lunch, went to take bluebonnet pictures, made cards for the nursing home, went to Petco to look at everything, then to a baby shower for our soon to be newest friend Alexis Daniels! (Jessica is her Mommy).
We went to the nursing home here in Paris to visit with Mary Kay Glaspie (from Cooper). They sang songs, turned cartwheels, did sign language and recited poems for Mary Kay and all her friends at Heritage!
Kaitlyn, Mary Kay & Abby
You see the smile on Mary Kay's face? That is there ALL the time!

We also visited with Foy, who goes to church with us.

Sadly, we had our last visit with Miss Durline. But, sadly, Miss Durline passed away on Thursday of that week. (Abby's Daddy, Patrick, did her graveside service and it was so sweet!)
Then, we came back home and I was given the show of ALL shows! The girls performed and modeled for me...using the sidewalk as the stage/catwalk! I can't believe how they memorize songs AND the dances that go WITH the songs!

Kaitlyn McCarter & Abby Cannon
April 2009
Which is prettier....the bluebonnets or these girls?



A couple of weeks ago, Abby and Sophia came home with me after church. MORE TALKING! WooHOOOO!
We had lunch, watched some Zack & Cody...some Hannah...then to the makeup and nails! I asked if they wanted to do some hair stuff. DUH! Of course they did! They put on every piece of my jewelry they could push on their little fingers and wrists...the earrings...necklaces...the whole she-bang!
We then, while they were all dolled up, went to Legends to visit with our little friends, Mary Kay, Foy and our sweet Miss Durline's room-mate, who is SO very lonely now. Once again, the girls entertained by singing, sign language, cartwheels, and reciting poems! Those folks LOVE the little ones so much! (There's one little lady that was scooting her wheelchair along, to come to the front, and was singing very VERY loudly...every single word of all of the kids songs. The nurse told me that she is a "grump" and never has a nice thing to say to anyone...but she loved those girls!)




Sophia Johnson & Abby Cannon
These 2 have got it goin' on!


Then, today, Abby and I had some girl time...we had the USUAL McDonald's lunch....Then we went to the house and "bejeweled" some sandals for her, we accomplished some scrapbooking...then we had our nail and makeup time.



Abby, in the middle of the scrapping!


I was thinking this afternoon...."You People" who have girls, you are so blessed!
Boys will tell you what you need/want to know! (I love you Larry!)
But, those little girls....they will tell you who - what - when - where - why - wherefore...etc, etc. It is AMAZING to me how fast their little minds work!
I LOVE IT!
If I haven't told you lately...thank you to the Mommy's and Daddy's that give up their little girls on Sunday afternoons! I have so much fun and KNOW how blessed I am to have such GREAT little Grand-Friends!

3 comments:

The McCarter Family said...

You are soooo welcome! They love you just as much as you love them!

Just Keeping it Real said...

You've inspired me to be a better grandma! I never thought about taking the kids to the nursing home. GREAT IDEA! I've only got one little princess and she's not frilly having to keep up with 3 brothers, but we're going to work on that!! Thanks MO!

Molly Woodall said...

AWWWW, Lindsay, thank you so much!

And Cindy...I've got to practice, practice, practice!
And you KNOW I'm not the frilly kind, so I have to go with the flow with these little girls!