Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Birthday Weekend - Part 3

On Monday, I went back out to Roxton to finish cleaning up/out the storage building. My niece Lisa and her 2 girls (Destiny & Isabella) were so precious and came to help me! Thank goodness, I couldn't have done it without them! (I have no pictures of this hot/sweaty/miserable endeavor...sorry there are none of the little girls!)
So, on Monday night, I called my boss...."Please can I have one more day off, so I can recover from my day off?" She graciously agreed.....WoooHOOO!
My next phone call was to my sister Mary. (She'd given me a "gift certificate" for Christmas that was good for a pot of chicken and dumplin's...and a batch of my favorite cookies.) I told her that I wanted to "cash in" on my certificate! I called my other sister Martha, and my niece Melody also to join us for a "girl party". Just to make it all EVEN more perfect, Tuesday (6/16) was Melody's 48th birthday! What a way to celebrate!

Here's Mary rollin' out the dumplin's:

She also made her "skillet" cornbread! HOLY COW it's good! She "plops" it out on a plate upside down, because almost everyone in my family likes the crunchy part of the cornbread.....not me - give me the middle where it's good and moist! (Any time I've EVER taken anything out of a pan - it NEVER looks like this - most of mine stays stuck to the pan! Which is another good reason that SHE cooks and I DON'T!)
Then.....there was THIS! This is the top of a sugar-free chocolate pie. Now you want to talk about something that will finish you off...this'll do it! YUMMMMMY!

Here's the birthday girl cutting into the pie!!!!

This is my sister Martha and her birthday girl, Melody. She officially turned 48 while we were eating lunch! Melody has given me 2 of my precious "greats"....Nathan and Natalie...who she has always shared with her aunty! (I think she's probably gonna beat me at grandbabies....think she'll share those too?)

No comments: