Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Today I Am Sad

Today, I am sad.

My sweet friend Carol Kay is leaving First Federal to go to a new job.

Don't get me wrong...I am so happy and PROUD for her...but I'm sad.

She's been my best bud...my voice of reason...my baby girl...my sister...my sounding board...my confident...my FRIEND.

I am gonna miss her so much...for lots of reasons. She's got the bubbliest (is that a word?) personality...the most precious smile...this positive outlook on life, that makes you feel that EVERYTHING will be ok...the heart of an angel...an organizer of all things good...a sweet wife...a Christian. I could keep going on... and on....and on...OHHHHHH wait...did I mention the most precious little girl that you'd ever want to meet? This picture of her and Cadie absolutely melts my heart! Cadie is such a blessed little girl to have Carol Kay for a Mommy. If you can't tell from this picture, these 2 girls love each other so much. Carol Kay is a Mom that every child deserves...Carol Kay has allowed me to be a part of her family. (She even let me name sweet little Cadie!) I've been there for the baby showers...the delivery...the birthdays...the family dinners...the parties...the sadness of losing her Mom.... She shares these things because she thinks of me as part of her family. How VERY blessed am I?

And tomorrow she moves on to the American Red Cross.

God bless you my friend...I'm gonna miss you girl!

1 comment:

The McCarter Family said...

What a sweet post! I know you will truly miss her - she is such a jewel!