Thursday, February 28, 2008

Mommy's B'day

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY
My Mommy turned 87 on Wednesday. My sisters, nieces and I had a "picnic" in her room at the nursing home on Tuesday night. Mommy has Alzheimer's and she is quite entertaining at times.
How many 87 yr olds do you know that still love to have BRIGHT RED fingernail polish on? Mommy does! Usually 87 yr olds are quite, reserved, sit back and watch it all happen....not Mommy....she is quite the party girl. And, it's all about her! How many 87 yr olds do you know that still love a good ol' hamburger? She's the junk food queen....oh wait....I forgot....she just THE QUEEN!
Life is so short and we never know how long we have with our loved ones.
Be sure to hug your family and let them know that you love them!

4 Generations
The Queen Mother is front and center.
My sister Martha is in the middle, her daughter Melody is on the left
and her granddaughter Natalie is on the right.

Here's the Queen with her 3 daughters
Martha (the oldest) on the left,
Molly Melinda (the baby) in the middle,
and Mary (the center) on the right.

3 comments:

The McCarter Family said...

Not that she will have a clue who the tornado girl is - but tell Ease I said Happy Belated Bday! What a sweet tribute to her!

Tammy said...

Very nice! I love your blog! I will just have to put your link on my blog! Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed working and laughing with you today! Let's do it again sometime. :)

Anonymous said...

You should not have posted ur middle name. Cause now I know!

Stephanie