Thursday, March 6, 2008

I'm Halfway There!

On my lunch HOUR today I applied for my passport. Actually I went to CVS and got my picture made....argued with the lady taking the picture....went to the County Clerk's office to get my "certified" birth certificate....then went to the District Clerk's office and applied for the passport!.....and STILL had time to go to the Sonic!
Now my questions.....Why won't they let you smile in these pictures? Do you see me often and I'm not smiling? Don't they want these pictures to be realistic? (And....am I mistaken, or does this look like a mug shot?) I look like a really ticked off heifer, don't I?
Then.......why on earth would they tell me to take off my glasses? Have you ever seen me without my glasses on????? NO! And I told the lady so! She said that the flash would glare on my glasses. I told her that I could duck my head some, so that wouldn't happen! (I get rid of my double chin and then have to MAKE one for a stinkin' picture!)
They asked for my Mommy's full name.....Is it Louise Margariet or is it Margariet Louise? I actually couldn't tell them....that's not what I call her....her name is MOMMY!
Ok....I'm off my soapbox!
I'M HALFWAY TO CANCUN NOW..............WoooooooHOOOOOO! Only 3 months and 2 days to go!

3 comments:

The McCarter Family said...

Even though it doesn't really look like you due to the fact that you aren't smiling - it is a very pretty picture of a very pretty lady! I'm so jealous that you are going to Cancun! You will have a BLAST!

Rachel said...

Cancun! Very cool! You look like Jamie Lee Curtis in that picture. Hot momma!

Anonymous said...

When I saw your pass-a-port photo I almost flipped backward in my chair! That doesn't look like you at all...I mean...well, I guess I have seen you that mad a time or two, but sheesh! You look like you ought to be working in Germany and saying things like "Vee haff vays of making you tawk!" and stuff like that. Honey, they may let you got to Cancun, but don't hold your breath about being let back into THIS country! Yikes! Scary! :-)
Jerry
P.S. - Loved the pics of Ease and the girls.