Saturday, October 17, 2009

Chattin' With My Mommy

After all the festivities today, I went to visit with my Mommy!

When I opened the door, she was humming to herself...I have such good memories of hearing her hum when I was growing up! If she was cooking, washing dishes, or sewing, she'd hum whatever her "song of the day" would be. That made me smile as soon as I walked in.

THEN....when I sat on the bed, she looked at me and said

"Who the heck are you?"

"I'm Molly Melinda."

"Well...Melinda wouldn't be THAT fat!"

She just laughed...then said she was hungry! We had a little picnic with Diet Dr. Pepper and Chips Ahoy mini cookies.

She said she liked "whatever it is we're eating."

She has this thing about her fingernails being painted and right now I have my fingernails painted black with red undertones. She took my hand and said;

"I like your....whatever those are! I want that color!"

I had some polish with me so we settled on Maroon!

Mary and I saw one of her classmates on the square today...she said I looked just like Ease. Thank you Mary Reynolds...that is such a compliment!

1 comment:

The McCarter Family said...

I agree that you look like your mommy!