Thursday, October 29, 2009

"It's So Easy EVEN Molly Can Do It!"

So...earlier this week, my friend Petra, posted pictures on her facebook page of "Candy Corn Bark". (You KNOW what a fan I am of C.C.) I called her (all the way in DeRidder, Louisiana) to see how she made it!
Simple instructions that included the phrase..."Molly, it's so easy, EVEN YOU can do it!" Remember that phrase.

Here is a site that you WILL not see often...me IN the kitchen!
I had 2 packages of almond bark, and 2 PRECIOUS packages of C.C. AND pretzles! I wanted to go for the sweet/salty taste.
I even have a smile on my face.
I have HOPE...I have BELIEF...I have FAITH!
I'm not even breaking a sweat!

This is my FIRST batch of Candy Corn Bark....yeah, I know, it looks like throw-up.

Then I went for the second batch!
It will NOT harden!
It's still just as soft and mushy as the first batch.
Could it be that I put TOO much C.C.?
Could it be that it's really humid?
Could it be that I had the air conditioner on?
Could it be because I was sweating bullets by this time?
Please, do NOT get excited...this is Petra's batch.
This is the picture that I SHOULD have looked at
before I made my BATCHES and wasted C.C.
Did I say WASTED C.C.?
OH NO....I can pick it out!

No comments: